The Computer Science program is designed to provide the students with the foundation of the discipline as well as the opportunity for specialisation.
The institute works on
- Development of the ability to work effectively as an individual or as a team member to produce correct, efficient, well-organised and documented programs in a reasonable time
- Development of the ability to recognise problems that is amenable to computer solutions, and knowledge of the tools necessary for solving such problems.
- Development of the ability to assess the implications of work performed.
- Development of an understanding of basic computer architecture and operations.
- Preparation to pursue in-depth training in one or more application areas, or further education in computer science.
- Development of the ability to communicate effectively.
Lab Facilities of Computer Science Department
- 11 LABS on different subjects like CP, Software Engg. , DBMS, OOPS, Graphics & Multimedia and Major Project lab. Total No. of Computer Systems in the dept. are 300 approx. All laboratories are equipped with latest CORE 2 DUO Computers, scanners, printers.
- Internet Access is made available in all machines in Project Lab and is well secured behind Firewall .The entire College campus is Wi-Fi enabled.
- Faculty participates in various activities like Library, Time Table Scheduling, Project work, Planning & Development – Amenities.
- Faculty members prepare LESSON PLAN and maintain COURSE FILE for the subjects handled. LCD projectors are actively used both in the classroom and in Laboratory. Feedback from the students is obtained in very semester to make the teaching-learning process effective. lectures are organised for the students by Industry Representatives, Research Scholars and Academicians on topics of current interest.
- HCL, CDC to update students of the latest trends in the field of Computer Science.
- Extra-curricular Activities- The students have participated in Inter College Competitions held at state level and National Level and brought laurels for the college.