The program of Civil Engineering was developed with the goal of preparing students to enter a modern civil engineering workforce and to be successful in their career and profession.
The objectives are:
- To produce graduates that have the knowledge and skills necessary for identifying and assessing design alternatives and the related social, economic, environmental, and public safety impacts.
- To produce graduates who have verbal and written communication skills necessary for successful professional practice.
- To prepare graduates to function effectively on teams.
- To prepare graduates for professional licenser, leadership roles and life-long learning.
- To prepare graduates to deal with ethical and professional issues, taking into account the broader societal implications of civil engineering
Lab facilities of Civil Engineering Department
- FM LAB Under this lab we study of the different type of flow of water. Power developed resistance offered and thrust provided by the water etc.
- SOM LAB: This lab helps us to gain the knowledge about the strength of different types of materials and mechanics of materials. Study of different types of beams deflections and springs.
- Geo technical LAB: Under this lab we study the engineering behavior of earth materials. Geotechnical engineering uses principles of soil mechanics and rock mechanics to investigate subsurface conditions and materials; determine the relevant physical/mechanical and chemical properties of these materials.
- Structural LAB: In this lab we study the analysis and design of structures that support or resist loads. Structural engineering is most commonly involved in the design of buildings. Structural engineers must ensure their designs satisfy given design criteria, predicated on safety or serviceability and performance.
- Transportation LAB: Under this lab we study the planning, functional design, operation and management of facilities for any mode of transportation in order to provide for the safe, rapid, comfortable, convenient, economical, and environmentally compatible movement of people and goods.
- Environmental LAB: This lab help us to study the engineering principles to improve the natural environment (air, water, and/or land resources), to provide healthy water, air, and land for human habitation (house or home) and for other organisms, and to remediate polluted sites.
- Survey LAB: In this lab we study the technique, profession, and science of accurately determining the terrestrial or three-dimensional position of points and the distances and angles between them.
- Geology Lab: The Study of Ore and different types of minerals and their Behaviour and Study of Earth Surface.