Rules & Regulations
In keeping with the tradition of the institution, all students of Vidhyapeeth Group of Institutions will maintain discipline and decorum in the campus and refrain from any activity that can tarnish the reputation of the institution. Violation of this will result in inviting disciplinary action under any Act / law / rule as per University / Govt. of M.P. regulation. Any infringement of rules given below will attract fines / penalty / suspension / rustication / expulsion depending on the severity of the crime. The list is not exhaustive. Rules may be added or amended from time to time, as and when directives or received from government or any law enforcing authority.
- Ragging in any form or at any time is banned in the campus, hostel or any place outside and all senior students will adhere to this rule.
- Ragging is a cognizable offence and the offender/s will be reported to the nearest police station. The Institution will take strict disciplinary action which could be suspension/ rustication/ expulsion.
- Smoking, use of alcohol, narcotics and any intoxicating substance are strictly prohibited both inside the campus and hostel.
- No student will chew paan, tobacco, pan masala or gutkha in the campus or hostel.
- Students will enter a class in progress after obtaining permission from the person conducting the class.
- Students are not allowed to use cell phone within academic boundaries or to keep cell phone in their bags inside the college that too in silent or switch off mode.
- Possession and use of mobile phones in the campus are to be strictly avoided.
- Students using the two wheelers will not allow in college campus.
- All Students are advised to maintain the environment clean and not to liter the campus.
- Vehicles should be parked in the parking area only.
- Identity card, and Driving License should always be kept on person by the students and produced on demand by the authorities.
- Students should come to the classroom in decent and presentable uniform as specified by the institute.
- Writing on walls, toilets, roads and pasting of posters on the wall are strictly banned.
- No student will damage or destroy any public, private or institutional property.
- College tuition fee, exam fee & other charges should be paid well in time to avoid any last moment embarrassment.
- Do not bring any political influence in any matter pertaining to your career.
- Discipline and decorum should be maintained in institute at all times.
- Strikes, picketing, procession, sloganeering, Gherao, dharna, burning of effigy are banned in the campus.
- No student will indulge in any activity which may harm the peaceful atmosphere of the college.
- Students will refrain from violence and using abusive language in any form may it be verbal, physical or by gestures.
- Students will not indulge in teasing.
- Students will not posses any pornographic material both in the college and hostel.
- Students are banned from any anti national, anti-social activity, communalism & anti institutional activity.
- Use of Internet for the purpose other than academic related activities is banned.
- No. political activities will be permitted in the campus.
- Nobody will leave the campus without exposé permission of HOD or principal or Director.
- Any student who is willfully and repeatedly insubordinate or argumentative or the authorities feel that the student's presence in the college would be detrimental to other students or the institution will be expelled by the college
- Whenever students have free time they must use their time judiciously in the Library, Computer Lab or in their classroom and not loiter around in the campus
- No student will misbehave with other students/Staff all such cases will be seriously dealt with.
- All students are responsible for their personal belongings and the Institution will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- No student will borrow anything from anybody and no one will lend anything to anybody.
- Students will not get books issued from the library on somebody else's name or card.
- Student should reach examination room at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time. No additional time shall be given to Participant arriving late.
- Student who has short attendance (Less Than 75%) in any of the course(s) shall not be allowed to sit in the examination room.
- Participant must maintain complete silence in the examination room. If a participant has any kind of query he/she should raise his/her hand and wait for the invigilator
- Lending/borrowing of pen, pencil, ruler, calculator, etc. is strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Participant must display ID Card/Admit card on Demand.
- No rough work is to be done on the question paper.
- Student must mark his/her attendance on the attendance sheet during the examinations. In case, his/her name is not listed, they need to report to an invigilator immediately.
- Student found cheating, chatting, gesturing or misbehaving in the examination room shall be dealt with under the University rules.
- Any participant using abusive or obscene language in the answer sheet shall be dealt with under disciplinary rules.
- Student cannot leave the examination room without prior permission of the invigilator.
- In case of open book/open notes exams, Student must follow instructions given on the front page by the resource person and should not indulge themselves in conversation with one another.
- Student is not allowed to leave his/her seat during the exam without getting permission from the invigilator.
- The Institute Technology accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to your belongings.
- On finding any of the unauthorized electronic gadgets, can lead the participant to Unfair Means Case.
DON'T BRING YOUR MOBILE PHONE AND ANY OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ELECTRONIC GADGETS!
If you bring it to an exam, you should be aware of the following:
- BE PREPARED
Read and fully comprehend the lab procedure as set forth in the lab manual before you begin any experiment. If you do not understand the procedure, see your instructor.
- THINK SAFETY
Work deliberately and carefully. No horseplay
- ALL LABORATORY STUDENTS MUST BE SUPERVISED
Never work alone
- KNOW THE HAZARDS OF ANY MATERIALS OR MACHINERY YOU ARE WORKING WITH.
The laboratory manual and/or instructor will review specific safety issues on individual experiments before you perform any tests.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR APPROPRIATE SAFETY EQUIPMENT.
Safety goggles must be worn anytime any laboratory experiment is being performed. Additional safety equipment must be utilized based on specific experiment requirements.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR APPROPRIATE LABORATORY ATTIRE.
No open toed shoes; no loose fitting clothing; Jewelry should be removed; long hair should be tied back
- NO FOOD OR BEVERAGE IN THE LABORATORY.
- KNOW EMERGENCY PROCEDURES.
Make note of fire escape routes and emergency phone locations.
- REPORT ANY PERCEIVED SAFETY HAZARDS.
Immediately report any spills, equipment malfunctions, injuries or other perceived safety hazards to your Instructor / TA / or staff member.
- KEEP YOUR WORK AREA CLEAN.
- FAILURE TO CONFORM WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES MAY RESULT IN NOT BEING ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LABORATORY EXPERMENT.